Unique Compare and Contrast Essay Topic Questions
Comparing and contrasting maybe one of the greatest, if not the greatest, academic efforts in the realm of essays. Comparing and contrasting things is like the union of night and day, and there is a rich variety of topics to use in your essay, allowing you to explore the world under the light of similarities and differences. For your use, the following topics should be considered.
- 1. Pick two countries, any two countries, as long as they have very different cultures. Explore the differences and similarities of how they explore their everyday lives. How do the resources they have available to them change how they relate to the world? How does their language shape their works of art? What kind of rituals are at play, and why do the societies involved make their people act the way they do?
- 2. There are many forms of essays, and they all have their own strengths, weaknesses, and purposes. Pick 2 common types of essays and compare and contrast their use and rhetorical devices they make use to make their point. How does the purpose and needs of the message change the way the message must be conveyed?
- 3. Compare and contrast the needs of the many verses individual rights. How does this paradigm arrive at very different ethical conclusions, and how do we balance them? Consider how different societies value the collective or individual at different rates and consider how these ethics shape those socialites. Can these need be brought in to harmony, and how can this be done?
- 4. Compare and contrast the experiences of drinking water and drinking juice. This is more a thought exercise than anything else, but they really are different experiences. This is not only the taste and nutritional value that is being talked about here. There is definitely a difference in texture, social texture, and setting that goes with drinking various kinds of beverages. They will change how you experience these things, and much of this is culturally or personally ingrained. How much can change due to your choice of beverage?
- 5. Compare and contrast marriages where the participants are virgins versus those that have had sex before marriage. Does this affect infidelity? Does the choice of when to have sex has to do with sexual function and fulfillment, and in what direction does this take place? What sort of answers can we recommend for society?