What Are The Most Effective Strategies To Improve Essay Writing?
Writing an essay is a big challenge, because it depends on many factors. These factors depend to a great extent on the writer. But fortunately it can be enhanced by following some specific strategies and techniques. With the purpose of developing our writing way we should look forward our defects, and then we can work on it. Hence, things like grammars and vocabularies should be taken into consideration.
Here are some techniques which can help most of us to improve his/her skills in writing an essay ;
- Think before you write; do not start to write immediately. You should take few minutes in order to brainstorm your ideas. It is difficult and close to impossible to write an essay when you do not have idea. So take your time to think before getting started.
- Build your essay in the form of 4 paragraphs, every paragraph contains many sentences. The perfect paragraph is the one where the sentences are being connected in symmetrical way. In accordance with that, the essay should entail an introduction, body and conclusion.
- In the introduction, you will write some general ideas about your essay and its importance. Without referring into any details, because the main purpose of the introduction to prepare the reader.
- As mentioned previously, the body of the essay will contain 2 paragraphs. If the essay is problem solving essay, then the 1st paragraph deals with Causes and effects of the problem. In the same manner the 2nd paragraph will discuss the solution for this problem. You should assist your essay with examples. But in case of the essay is an argumentative essay, then in the 1st paragraph you will have to discuss one opinion regarding the topic of the essay, and in the 2nd paragraph you will elaborate the counter opinions. As aforementioned, do not forget to support your essay with examples.
- The last paragraph will be the conclusion where you can sum up your essay. In the summarization you should illustrate and focus only on the main ideas and results of your essay. Also, you can disclose your personal opinion regarding that issue, and to which opinion you stand. Similarly, your solutions and perspective reagdring the problem “ if it was problem solving essay ”
Finally, writing is a challenge, and as all challenges, it can be beaten with proper understanding and preparation.