How To Be Innovative Choosing Essay Topics On Western Civilization
Writing essays on Western civilization lends itself to many interesting and innovative topics. One must simply consider how vast its history has been and ways in which its relationship with other regions in cultures in the world has shaped what we each know today. Consider the following topic ideas for fun ways to be innovative when writing on this subject:
- 1. Which three modern wars in Western civilization have had the greatest effect on the political and social landscape we recognize in the world today?
- 2. Which medical innovations or inventions made in the20th century have had the greatest impact on Western civilization’s ability to help developing nations around the world? Have countries in the West done enough to help underdeveloped nations?
- 3. In what ways would Western civilization be different if the technologies that developed in the last 20 years were around a full century ago? Would these differences be for the better or for the worse?
- 4. In what ways have the world’s religions (non-Christian) helped shape countries in Europe? Have their effects been positive or negative? Has one world religion had the biggest influence?
- 5. What elements of ancient Greece and ancient Rome do we still see in countries today? Is it right to still consider them as the founders of our culture? Are we living in a new era that separates itself from those ancient nation-states of the past?
- 6. Why have relations between Western and Eastern civilizations only just started to take a positive root? Why did the two sides distance themselves (or isolate themselves) for so long? And can positive relations remain or are they more tenuous than we like to admit?
- 7. How has political and military history shape the way the world perceives the West? Can relations be improved with policy change and what kinds of changes are needed?
- 8. What roles have traditionally and scientifically-based medicine had on shaping the East and West? Would a bridging of the two lead to better relations or are the two exclusive of one another?
- 9. How will the Western civilization be viewed in 100 years? Will the large scope of its history still be a primary factor in determining its place in the world?
- 10. How will technology change the way countries of the West and East develop? Does it seem that one will rise above the other, or will the two sides unify to create a new era in global culture?